VSECU – named, by Vermont Business Magazine, as one of the Best Places to Work in Vermont in 2017, 2018 and 2019 – is a credit union dedicated to improving the quality of life of all Vermonters.
Our vision is to inspire a movement that brings people together to empower the possibilities for greater financial, environmental and social prosperity. To excel at that, we need a lively, driven Branch Manager that can balance strong initiative and self-direction with making connections with people to motivate and inspire them to achieve results.
Poise and an engaging, empathetic communication style based on natural warmth and enthusiasm is the key to achieving the goals of this position. The work involves driving toward results by enrolling the commitment and buy-in of others. A sincere appreciation for people and how they are each uniquely motivated is the foundation for designing and implementing interactive communication and decision-making processes.
If our vision makes you smile, inspires you and makes you feel like you could move mountains; we encourage you to consider joining our team!
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for management and continued growth of the assigned region’s performance including the areas of membership, deposit portfolio and loan portfolio. Understands and proactively communicates the company and branch’s purpose and models the specific behaviors needed for success. Considers new business opportunities and how to capitalize on them.
- Comprehensive knowledge of branch operations and performance and uses this knowledge to ensure that processes are in place to measure and monitor operational and financial effectiveness. Ensure adherence to policies and procedures to minimize losses and risk as well as ensure safety and security. Make sure the facility and grounds are maintained in safe, clean and working order.
- Provide staff with timely and thoughtful feedback. Makes performance expectations clear and holds self and others accountable for meeting work standards for production, accuracy and completion. Provide employee training to support development, improve skills and increase knowledge. Influence and inspire others, serve as a mentor. Share functional and technical knowledge with others as a way for them to learn and grow. Conduct one-on-one meetings to encourage and better understand staff members. Recognize talent in staff and nurture and develop that talent.
- Manage the day to day functions of the branch including member communication, on-boarding, member satisfaction and branch productivity. Use knowledge to resolve the most difficult and complex customer issues, requests or needs. Foster change and innovation to continuously invigorate the branch and motivate staff. Structure work processes to be member-friendly and responsive. Make day-to-day decisions to support long-term organizational goals and empower staff to make appropriate on-the-spot decisions.
- Participate and encourage staff participation in regional and community activities and events to promote the VSECU mission and increase visibility and name recognition. Volunteer and encourage staff to volunteer for community events to contribute to our communities and the organizations within our communities.
- Models how to build and maintain positive, supportive working relationships; creates a strong feeling of belonging, morale and cohesion within the branch through frequent reinforcement, shared activities, conflict management and on-going communication.
- Assumes full responsibility for his/her decisions, even when unpopular; has the skills and ability to work though negativity from others.
- Is comfortable with primary accountability for business results and understands that with accountability comes pressure. Takes action to meet and exceed expectations.
- Discloses important information to his/her team openly and actively; practices open and honest communication to build trust; balances “need to know” with open communication.
- Actively builds a solid network within and outside the organization. Negotiates in a sincere and open manner to create the best possible outcome for both parties. Values relationships highly; is trusted and well-liked by others.
- Values honesty over results.
EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree preferred with three to five years experience working in a financial institution with management experience desirable, or a comparable combination of education and experience.
- Excellent and developed communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Established community engagement and service.
- Strong management and leadership skills. Experience leading others by example, making high-quality decisions, continuous learning and proactive sharing of knowledge.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft products and ability to prepare reports and spreadsheets.
VSECU’s normal business hours in Brattleboro are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, a strong retirement package with matching 401K contributions, tuition reimbursement, paid time off and paid volunteer time.
VSECU is an EOE.