VSECU – named, by Vermont Business Magazine, as one of the Best Places to Work in Vermont in 2017, 2018 and 2019 – is a credit union dedicated to improving the quality of life of all Vermonters.
Our vision is to inspire a movement that brings people together to empower the possibilities for greater financial, environmental and social prosperity. To excel at that, we need diligent Call Center Consultants that work thoroughly to achieve service goals consistently and efficiently. If our vision makes you smile, inspires you and makes you feel like you could move mountains; we encourage you to consider joining our team!
A typical day will include handling a variety of incoming calls and electronic service requests to address issues, provide support, and offer information to keep current and/or potential new members satisfied as well as retain and grow business by way of product and service usage.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist members in a timely manner, within established service and quality objectives.
- Efficiently and effectively respond to member requests verbally or in writing.
- Fulfill and resolve problems by demonstrating effective listening and communication skills; researching and exploring answers to questions and alternative solutions.
- Recognizing opportunities to cross sell and up-sell products and account services to deepen the member relationship.
- Participate in onboarding new members through verbal and written communication.
- Assist members with, and encourage use of, VSECU suite of electronic services.
- Comply with VSECU policies and practices related to assigned duties and with Vermont and federal regulations regarding monetary transactions and reporting requirements.
- Maintain strict confidentiality practices for the protection and care of members.
- Adhere to security procedures and fraud controls to protect members, staff, and assets.
- Models integrity and values honesty over results.
- Communicates in a positive, polite, and empathetic manner. Responds appropriately to diverse member needs and requests including challenging and upset members.
- Regularly produces accurate, thorough, professional work. Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of the work.
- Enjoys building and maintaining member satisfaction by offering VSECU products and services that benefit members.
- Ability to work in a high stress and fast pace environment.
- Makes sound, conscientious decisions; analyzes problems skillfully.
- Good oral and written skills to communicate effectively.
- Ability to properly identify and resolve issues and process account transactions with accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to use discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma with computer coursework and a minimum of two years’ experience working in a customer service environment including performing financial transactions or an associate’s degree in business, marketing or a related field, with at least one year in a financial institution, or a comparable combination of education and experience.
- Competence and a strong commitment to customer service.
- Familiarity with the credit union mission and philosophy and competence with financial functions.
- Strong computer skills that include proficient keyboarding and the ability to utilize several different programs at one time.
VSECU’s normal business hours in the call center are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, and Saturday, 9:00am to 12:00pm. Weekend shifts are covered on a rotational basis. Some additional pre- and post-shift availability for team training and meetings is required.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, a strong retirement package with matching 401K contributions, tuition reimbursement, paid time off and paid volunteer time.
VSECU is an EOE.