Are you an outgoing, people-oriented person looking for opportunities to interact with and influence others? Do you have an engaging and empathetic communication style with a natural warmth and enthusiasm?
VSECU – named, by Vermont Business Magazine, as one of the Best Places to Work in Vermont in 2017, 2018 and 2019 – is in search of a self-confident, extroverted Learning & Development Associate that can enliven, engage and positively impact our employees in a training and educational setting.
Our vision is to inspire a movement that brings people together to empower the possibilities for greater financial, environmental and social prosperity. If our vision makes you smile, inspires you and makes you feel like you could move mountains; we encourage you to consider joining our team!
SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to evaluate training and development gaps and needs in multiple areas of learning to provide high-quality training content and programs.
- Develop, implement and conduct training and development programs for new hire onboarding, continuing education classes, and new skills sets for existing staff on subjects related to credit union functions, including but not limited to products, services, policies, procedures, systems, programs and technologies, brand, culture and mission.
- Utilize various adult learning techniques and processes ensuring instructional design principles are implemented to deliver functional training through individual consultation, classroom instruction, workshops, online learning, self-paced learning programs and other methods as applicable.
- Partner in developing a learning center that maintains training tools, resources, course materials, reference documents, manuals and other information.
- Administer and evaluate training programs and learning activities to evaluate the success and effectiveness of training for individuals and groups and provide a feedback loop to appropriate individuals.
- Collaborate with and support HR in human capital management and develop and maintain a system to track and monitor employee training records, learning participation, earned credentials and transcripts in appropriate systems.
- Superb interpersonal skills and ability to connect easily with others.
- Engaging presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Eagerness and enthusiasm for helping others.
- Ability to provide constructive criticism.
- Ability to translate complex information into easily understandable and applied knowledge.
- Adaptable, flexible and patient.
- Proficiency using various credit union systems, Microsoft applications, and audio-visual equipment utilized for training.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated experience in corporate training, teaching, coaching, instruction or curriculum design.
- A bachelor’s degree in education, organizational development, human resources or business administration is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of credit union products, services, operations, systems and mission.
- Experience in training preparation and presentations.
- Knowledge regarding adult learning styles, training venues and corporate training programs.
VSECU’s normal business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, a strong retirement package with matching 401K contributions, tuition reimbursement, paid time off and paid volunteer time.
VSECU is an EOE.