Are you a cooperative, people-oriented person with a strong technical acumen? Are you an effective communicator who is able to build positive relationships while being aware of and responsive to the needs and concerns of others?
VSECU – named, by Vermont Business Magazine, as one of the Best Places to Work in Vermont four out of the last five years – is in search of a Technical Systems Trainer with a teaching style of communication that is drawn to detail work at a faster-than-average pace. This position is responsible for the design, creation, coordination and delivery of training for technical software and system programs as well as regulatory and compliance training for new and existing staff.
Our vision is to inspire a movement that brings people together to empower the possibilities for greater financial, environmental and social prosperity. If our vision makes you smile, inspires you and makes you feel like you could move mountains; we encourage you to consider joining our team!
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with management, internal stakeholders and subject matter experts to assess, identify and evaluate technical and systems training gaps and needs to provide high-quality, enhanced and knowledge-based training content and programs.
- Organize, prepare, and present a wide range of technical training classes to provide comprehensive new employee training and ongoing training for retail and back office software and systems.
- Utilize various adult learning techniques and processes ensuring instructional design principles are implemented to deliver functional training through individual consultation, classroom instruction, workshops, online learning, self-paced learning programs and other methods as applicable.
- Provide organization-wide support and ideation to reskill and upskill the workforce through continuous learning to equip colleagues for existing roles, future careers, and to adapt to new systems and organizational change.
- Partner in developing a learning center that maintains training tools, resources, course materials, training handbooks, reference documents, manuals and other information.
- Advise employees and managers on various aspects of technical procedures and incorporate information into training modules. Maintain current information on procedures as well as new and revised products and services.
- Explore, develop and participate in train the trainer programs.
- Identify and manage appropriate external vendor and professional relationships to enhance and expand internal training and learning.
- Collaborate with appropriate stakeholders to identify, evaluate and assess vendor selection and management of the learning management systems
- Administer and evaluate training programs and learning activities to evaluate the success and effectiveness of training for individuals and groups and provide a feedback loop to appropriate individuals.
- Collaborate with and support HR in human capital management and develop and maintain a system to track and monitor employee training records, learning participation, earned credentials and transcripts in appropriate systems.
- Assist in developing the annual training & development budget.
- Superb interpersonal skills and ability to connect with others easily.
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to help others.
- Ability to translate complex information into easily understandable and applied knowledge.
- Working closely and accurately within established guidelines.
- Handling details quickly, correctly, and efficiently
- A high energy level and ability to speak in groups comfortably.
- Proficiency using various credit union systems, Microsoft applications, and audio-visual equipment utilized for training.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated experience in corporate training, teaching, coaching, instruction or curriculum design.
- A Bachelors Degree in the field of education, technology or business administration is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of credit union products, services, operations, systems and mission.
- Experience in training preparation and presentations.
- Knowledge regarding adult learning styles, training venues and corporate training programs preferred.
VSECU’s normal business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, a strong retirement package with matching 401K contributions, tuition reimbursement, paid time off and paid volunteer time.
VSECU is an EOE.