VSECU – named, by Vermont Business Magazine, as one of the Best Places to Work in Vermont in 2017, 2018 and 2019 – is a credit union dedicated to improving the quality of life of all Vermonters.
Our vision is to inspire a movement that brings people together to empower the possibilities for greater financial, environmental and social prosperity. To excel at that, we need a thorough, precise Teller that can work at a faster-than-average pace with strong attention to detail. If our vision makes you smile, inspires you and makes you feel like you could move mountains; we encourage you to consider joining our team!
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve members by handling deposit, withdrawal, transfer and loan payment transactions and providing information about VSECU accounts.
- Maintain basic knowledge and understanding of VSECU products and services in order to respond to member inquiries about products and services, rates and options. Explain the use of various services and products to access and utilize accounts, including: online and mobile banking, ATM/credit/debit cards, money orders, cashier checks, and savings bonds.
- Maintain accurately balanced records, including cash drawer, checks, and daily transaction records. Take measures to track and balance funds throughout the day. Perform end of day balancing and maintain contact with the Branch Manager or direct supervisor regarding unusual situations.
- Use the automated cash dispenser to assist members with cash transactions. Balance or fund the cash dispenser as needed.
- Balance and fund the ATM on a weekly basis.
- Comply with VSECU policies, procedures and practices related to assigned duties and with state and federal regulations regarding monetary transactions and reporting requirements, such as Suspicious Activity Report, Patriot Act, Bank Secrecy Act, and Truth in Savings. Maintain strict confidentiality practices for the protection and care of members.
- A candidate with experience auditing and funding cash dispensers, ATMs, cash drawers, and office vaults may be given additional duties such as overseeing the teller area.
- Models integrity; values honesty over results; is an active participant in maintaining a company culture based on solid business ethics.
- Communicates in a positive, polite, and empathetic manner. Responds appropriately to diverse member needs and requests.
- Regularly produces accurate, thorough, professional work. Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of the work.
- Makes sound, conscientious decisions; analyzes problems skillfully.
- Comfortable with technology.
- Ability to work overtime to achieve end of day balancing or when department needs require extra effort.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma with math or accounting and computer coursework preferred, and experience working in a customer service environment, preferably including performing financial transactions or a comparable combination of education and experience.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft products.
VSECU’s normal business hours in Williston are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, a strong retirement package with matching 401K contributions, tuition reimbursement, paid time off and paid volunteer time.
VSECU is an EOE.