At VSECU, we hire for fit and culture first. That’s important to us, because in this role, you’ll be working with colleagues who believe in our purpose and mission of improving the lives of Vermonters through banking. If you’re looking for something more than just a job, utilizing your skills and strategic mindset, consider joining a company that is continuously transforming and evolving to change the way we work to bring greater value to our customer base and members.
The Digital Marketing Strategist will be responsible for identifying, creating, implementing, and analyzing high performing web, digital and social media strategies and tactics. This role is integral to the integrated marketing process and campaigns, and will work closely and collaboratively with other members of the marketing team, each responsible for a specific marketing domain or discipline.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Devise and execute digital strategies and tactic to support integrated marketing initiatives.
- Create, deploy and manage the performance of marketing campaigns in the digital eco-system through content development, SEO optimization, network display, paid search, PPC, retargeting, social media, inbound and email marketing disciplines.
- Evaluate the performance of both organic and paid marketing using a variety of analytic platforms from Google, Hubspot, and various social channels and other marketing automation platforms.
- Identify, analyze and articulate key metrics for the effectiveness of campaigns and marketing initiatives including but not limited to impressions, engagement, traffic, clicks, conversions, and leads.
- Work with agency partners to direct and implement digital tactics.
- Socialize data and performance analytics to the marketing team for review and recommend changes for higher marketing performance.
- Research, develop and manage audience targeting, keyword strategies and bidding oversight to drive relevant traffic to online channels.
- Craft effective landing pages, CTAs and lead-gen forms to support online content management and inbound marketing tactics.
- Develop, evaluate and oversee the implementation of A/B testing and make recommendations for higher digital performance.
- Set up and manage back-end processes and systems to ensure proper usage of meta tags/descriptions for favorable SERP ranking and CTRs.
- Consult and work closely with other members of the marketing team to conceptualize, develop, integrate and reiterate digital campaigns.
- Create and coordinate web content to maximize SEO value; utilize content management systems; work closely with web hosting vendors and developers.
- Utilize various design software applications to create materials for web and digital use.
- Stay abreast of emerging trends, design applications and available resources and tools in digital and social networking services to recommend, develop and leverage in campaign development.
- Ensure brand standards, voice, and style guidelines are consistently followed and implemented throughout all campaigns.
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders on various stages of projects and event tasks to insure timely production.
- Demonstrate competence, understanding and articulation of the VSECU vision, goals and objectives, products, services, programs and events.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- May require flexible and non-traditional business hours.
EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, or proven experience that demonstrates a hands-on approach in executing digital marketing disciplines.
- Adwords and/or Google Analytics certified.
- Google Tag Manager and conversion tracking experience is desired.
- Experienced in SEM, SEO, PPC, organic and paid search, social media, web analytics, ad serving platforms, and display advertising.
- Experience with inbound marketing and HubSpot certified a plus.
- Proficiency in HTML, textiles, CSS and program coding.
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Knowledge of analytic platforms and digital resource tools, such as Google, AdRoll, SEMrush, MOZ, etc., is desired.
- Intermediate experience with the Adobe Creative Suite; InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat.
- Excellent computer skills, including all Microsoft products; Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Knowledge and experience regarding vendor relations, research and business development.
JOB COMPETENCIES & SKILLS:
- Strategic and tactical mindset.
- Ambidextrous thinker.
- Self-motivated, resourceful and independent thinker.
- Positive team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Strong conceptual ability; able to translate the ‘big picture’ into campaigns.
- Superb independent judgment and discretion in decision making.
- Excellent organizational skills; able to be detail orientated, multi-task and remain comfortable working under pressure, while maintaining product quality and standards.
- Able to work independently on broad assignments to meet deadlines with available resources.
- Ability to manage multiple projects effectively and deal with uncertainty and a face-paced environment.
- Understanding of digital and social consumer consumption.
- Outstanding listening skills and adaptable when working with various levels of executive leaders, colleagues and other staff.
- Comprehension of digital and social terminology and ability to communicate effectively with vendors and internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others to identify, recommend and implement opportunities for increased efficiency in digital marketing strategies.
- Proficient, productive and innovative contributor with an eagerness to learn.
This position requires sitting for long periods of time, working primarily at a workstation or desk with extensive use of a computer performing standard keyboard functions, requiring repeated motion. This position also requires some lifting and setting up displays. Proper lifting is required and the use of carts and other devices are important to avoid injury. Regular stretching breaks are also required to avoid injury.
VSECU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.