If you’re thinking about making energy improvements to your home this fall, your credit union has the financing solutions you need. VGreen, VSECU’s Energy Savings Program offers a variety of discounted or longer term loan options to make your environmentally conscious decisions more affordable.
Our Energy Improvement Home Equity Loans can be used to finance projects that increase the efficiencies in your home. For example, if you want to install better insulation, new windows, energy star rated appliances or other qualified items you can take advantage of these loans. If you’re wondering if your project is appropriate for a VGreen loan, call or visit a VSECU branch and ask a Member Service Consultant.
Larger projects such as adding solar hot water or integrating wind power can be financed with an Energy Improvement Home Equity Loan as well. For more expensive projects, it may be a better fit for your budget to consider our Energy Improvement Mortgage.
VSECU applauds you for keeping the environment in mind and going “green” with your home improvements. If your project requires a little more money than you’ve saved over the winter months, we’re here with a variety of financing products to serve you.
Did you know?
- VSECU has an Environmental Mission Statement which outlines our commitment to promote environmentally sound choices.
- The VSECU Rutland Branch was built to LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold Certification standards.
- VSECU currier vehicles are both hybrid models.
- VSECU is partnered with the Vermont Business Environmental Partnership. The goals of the Partnership are to promote improved environmental and economic performance and to promote public recognition of environmental excellence.
- VSECU e-News has reduced the total number of paper newsletters sent to member households by more than 15,000 every quarter.
- VSECU has over 13,000 members using the e-Statement option. Choosing to use e-Statements instead of paper not only saves the environment but saves all of us money. You can sign up for e-Statements when you’re logged into online banking.