The VSECU Member Service Consultant/Teller Float provides coverage in a branch to wait on members, through personal contact, to assist with a wide range of financial transactions, provide information, and resolve problems related to products and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve members by courteously, conscientiously, and accurately performing transactions related to current accounts, opening new accounts and sharing information to help members identify products and services to meet their needs and make best use of VSECU opportunities.
- Perform tasks that may include handling deposit, withdrawal, transfer, and loan payment transactions, opening and closing share, share draft, secondary deposit accounts, special shares, money market, certificates of deposit, and individual retirement accounts;, and providing information about current balances for share, share draft, money market, CD, IRA and other VSECU accounts researching questions and resolving problems.
- Perform tasks related to consumer loan applications, including origination by accessing information on record within the on-line financial system and or begin a new loan application, obtain or update necessary information, run a credit report, and use the national data base to determine the value of the vehicle, or recreational item applied to the loan or collateral for secured loans; seek assistance with underwriting and approval for the loan from a more senior member of the Retail Department.
- Perform Teller duties at the front walk-up area, at a drive-through window, or at a Branch RTS station. Must be able to handle transactions at any station or location and assignments may vary according to the position held and location, including accurate transactions and balancing procedures.
- Perform tasks related to credit card accounts, including providing and handling applications, assisting with account inquiries, lost cards, pin numbers, payments and other steps to assist members.
- Assist members with and encourage use of VSECU electronic services including PC Express, Credit Card Online, TelExpress and Check Express.
- Actively seek opportunities to introduce new products and services, including Member Financial Services to members through cross selling techniques that maximize member financial opportunities and strengthen their commitment to the VSECU as their primary financial institution.
- May assist with credit union equipment servicing and basic maintenance, as assigned including cash dispenser, coin scan machine, and ATMs balancing and servicing duties.
- Comply with VSECU policies and practices related to assigned duties and with Vermont and federal regulations regarding monetary transactions and reporting requirements, such as Suspicious Activity Report, Patriot Act, Bank Secrecy Act, and Truth in Savings. Maintain strict confidentiality practices for the protection and care of members.
- Perform routine tasks such as filing, preparing letters and packets, handling mail, updating records, photocopying, pulling closed account cards, stock forms, brochures and supplies,
- Assist staff in training and other branch staff with complicated transactions and information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma with math or accounting and computer coursework and two to four years experience working in a customer service environment including performing financial transactions or an associates degree in business, marketing or a related field, with at least one year in a financial institution, or a comparable combination of education and experience.
- Competence and a strong commitment to customer service and good understanding of the credit union mission and philosophy and competence with Teller functions.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft products and ability to prepare reports and spreadsheets.
- Good basic knowledge and understanding of all credit union deposit accounts, credit card products and services and consumer loan application process. Good understanding of other products and services, including loans, Member Financial Services, and electronic banking programs.
- This position requires flexibility, versatility and willingness to travel to various locations, often on a day to day assignment and to assume duties of MSC, Teller or other responsibilities within the Retail area that fit within the job grade and competencies. Reliable transportation is essential along with the ability to travel up branches.
- Sound knowledge and ability to consistently use and/or seek opportunities for cross-selling products and services to benefit members.
- Ability to communicate in a positive, polite, and helpful manner and to respond appropriately to member needs and requests with a wide range of individuals, including difficult and angry members.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and to seek and identify ways to assist others.
- Ability to take referrals from other staff to handle more complex transactions and to resolve problems, answer inquiries and conduct basic research.
- Consistently conscientious and appropriate with appearance and behavior that fits a professional setting.
- Ability to work cooperatively and take initiative to identify, recommend and implement opportunities for increased efficiency in the branch and ability to work efficiently and quickly in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work overtime when department needs require extra effort.
- This position will be jointly supervised by the Branch Managers within the assigned branch stations. The supervisor of record will be the Branch Administration Manager unless specifically assigned to another manager.
This position requires standing and/or sitting for long periods of time. Daily assignments may require working at a desk and meeting with members or handling phone calls from members within the call center, working at a teller workstation with remote technology that includes pneumatic tube handling or direct transactions with members at a teller station that requires standing and stretching. All stations require extensive use of a computer performing standard keyboard functions, requiring repeat motion. Daily tasks may include handling and lifting of coins and teller drawers. This position requires the ability to lift up to 30 pounds. Stretching breaks are required to avoid injury.
VSECU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.