We are proud to support the communities and people of Vermont.
Each year VSECU allocates funds for the support of community activities and charitable causes. The CEO, the Community Contributions Committee, and the Board of Directors, acting together or independently, may allocate these funds subject to specific guidelines. Our donations vary from small amounts of $50 to larger donations of several thousand dollars. Additionally capital contributions are considered and reviewed semi-annually in April and October.
Our contributions are intended to meet the obligations for the current fiscal year and must be for a non-political, non-sectarian purpose.
The contribution must be of a tax-deductible nature directed towards a Vermont-based civic, educational, environmental, health and human services, humanitarian, heritage or arts-related purpose. Preference may be given to those organizations requesting funds whose environmental goals, activities, and ethics are consistent with the environmental mission statement adopted by the Credit Union.
Although we cannot support every request submitted, we do our best to be fair and equitable, demonstrating our commitment to allocating funds around the state to support diverse needs.
How to Apply
Send a written request with the following information:
- Name of individual or organization
- Contact person name and day time telephone number
- Proof of tax exemption if an organization
- A brief description of you or the organization
- Purpose of the funding – please be as detailed as possible
- The total amount needed to fund the purpose or project
- The amount you are requesting from VSECU to serve the purpose
- Indicate what area(s) in Vermont will be served as a result of the donation
P.O. Box 67
Montpelier, Vermont 05601-0067
If you have questions or want to follow up on a pending request for review you may contact Perry Thompson at 802/800 371-5162.