An in-depth look at what makes credit unions tick.
Download a PDF version of this infographic.
What is a Credit Union?
Credit unions are not for profit community-based financial institutions.
- Democratically Controlled and Member-Owned
- Used like a Bank, but Organized like a Cooperative
- Governed by a Volunteer Board of Directors
How They Work:
- Buy a Share in the Credit Union to Become a Member
- Your Savings are Loaned to Other Members
Profits are Used to:
- Reduce Fees and & Improve Interest Rates on Deposit Accounts
- Educate the Membership
- Donate to Community Organizations
Why People Love Them:
- Driven by a Strong Social Mission
- Value People Over Profit
- Return Profits to Members and Communities
Make Change, Simply by Banking
Become a Member
As a VSECU member, you can do more with your money.
November 28, 2023
July 13, 2023
July 5, 2023