Whether you’re taking a weekend road trip, flying to a tropical destination or visiting family during the holidays, it’s important to let us know about your travel plans so we can help ensure you have access to your funds while you’re away from home.
BEFORE YOU TRAVEL
Below are steps you can take prior to departing for your destination:
Contact VSECU 7-10 days prior to your departure.
Confirm your card(s) is active and that you’ve used it at least once in the past 3 months.
- Request a PIN if you plan to use your VERMONT Platinum VISA® credit card to obtain currency.
- Plan on carrying multiple forms of payment.
WHILE YOU’RE TRAVELING
Please remember that VSECU cannot solely control the successful use of your card(s) at all times. There are other factors that may prevent your card from working when you are traveling.
While you’re away from home:
- If your card is lost or stolen call VSECU at 802/800 371-5162 for assistance 24/7.
- If your card isn’t working it could be the result of a bad card reader, incorrectly processed transaction, insufficient funds in your account or you’ve reached your credit limit.
- Should fraud prevention need to contact you to confirm you initiated a transaction(s), the call or voicemail will be from either VSECU or the card servicer. Please return the call to assist the fraud specialist in determining if you authorized the transaction in question. If the fraud specialist is not able to speak with you to verify the transaction, your card may be blocked from use for your protection.
- A 1% foreign transaction fee is applied to purchases made using your debit or credit card outside the U.S.
- You can visit any major credit union or bank outside the U.S. and ask for a cash advance or use the ATM.
Your travel experience is dependent on sharing key information with us so that we can prepare your accounts before you leave and provide you with the necessary tools for an enjoyable trip. Download the complete Travel Experience guide for further information and helpful tips on traveling.