Workforce Scheduling Analyst
Basic Job Function
The Workforce Scheduling Analyst is responsible for the overall success of centralized scheduling throughout the Retail department. This position will require the use of continuous enhancements of the centralized scheduling program, including the establishment of employee productivity and member response standards and their periodic review. This position will be required to monitor, evaluate and communicate scheduling with employees in a timely, considerate and fluid manner. There are administrative requirements associated with this position related to reporting and trending both in Retail and within other departments across the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for being the key scheduling analyst for Retail and primary user of the workforce management solution system.
- Responsible for long and short term staff planning, what-if analysis, schedule optimization, intraday management function and all reporting functions relative to demand, service level, schedule efficiency and employee performance relative to attendance and adherence.
- Oversee intraday staffing changes in conjunction with analysis of short term staffing requirements.
- Work globally with credit union management and corporate training to ensure that employees are able to attend learning programs, that departments are covered when employees schedule vacations and that member service levels remain consistent when employees call out unexpectedly.
- Designs, implements and evaluates Retail branch and contact center schedules with attention to resource allocation across the entire department.
- Compiles and provides trend data and analyses pertaining to adherence, activity control and absences.
- Prepares and analyzes internal and external workforce reports for management review.
- Maintains the workforce management solution system.
- Identifies workforce performance trends and develops ongoing enhancements to the system to address trends.
- Assists and works with Learning and Development to develop training, operational, educational and other reference materials which relate to the workforce management software.
- Recommends and identifies enhancements to improve service delivery and processes by analyzing data provided by the workforce solution system.
- Assists with other duties as needed.
Education/Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent experience and training.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with working with scheduling software and forecasting experience
- High degree of verbal and written communication and presentation skills and the ability to effectively and concisely present information at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Proven ability to analyze historical and projected retail volume trends and apply those trends to statistical models to be used as a foundation for scheduling.
- Agent skill management and call routing management experience required
- Crystal Reports and data integration experience helpful
- Strong mathematical, analytical and organization skills
- Familiar with automated call distribution technology
- Familiarity with work force optimization technologies such as call recording and quality management a plus.
This position requires sitting for long periods of time and working at a desk. Duties require extensive use of a computer that will perform standard keyboard functions. Regular stretching breaks are required to avoid injury.