Our Giving Policy
We are proud to support the communities and people of Vermont. We believe that we can and should leverage our capital to support causes that are in alignment with our values and that positively impact and improve the lives of Vermonters.
Each year VSECU will determine a community giving budget based on our net income. The CEO, the Giving Committee, and the Board of Directors, acting together or independently, may allocate these funds subject to specific guidelines. Our gifts vary from small amounts of $50 to larger donations of several thousand dollars. Additionally, capital contributions are considered and reviewed at least semi-annually.
Contributions are intended to meet the obligations for the current fiscal year and must be for a non-political, non-sectarian purpose and be of a tax deductible nature.
All requests for gifts are reviewed. Although we cannot support every request submitted, we do our best to be fair and equitable, demonstrating our commitment to allocating funds around the state. Gifts will be awarded that are in alignment with our sustainable principles that focus on the essential needs of Vermonters and community in these areas:
- Financial literacy
Preference may also be given to organizations requesting gifts whose environmental goals, activities, and ethics are consistent with the Environmental Mission Statement adopted by the credit union.
Request a Gift from VSECU
Alternatively, you can send a written request with the following information:
- Name of individual or organization
- Contact person name and day time telephone number
- Proof of tax exemption if an organization
- A brief description of you or the organization
- Purpose of the funding – please be as detailed as possible
- The total amount needed to fund the purpose or project
- The amount you are requesting from VSECU to serve the purpose
- Indicate what area(s) in Vermont will be served as a result of the donation
P.O. Box 67
Montpelier, Vermont 05601-0067