VSECU will never contact a member by phone, email or through social media channels to solicit confidential, personal and/or account information unless the contact was initiated by the member first. If you receive a phone call or email and are unsure if it was from VSECU, please contact us by phone at 802/800 371-5162.
Ensuring the online security of your personal information is a top priority for VSECU. We utilize security technologies and processes to protect your personal financial and account information against unauthorized access. It’s important that you also take steps to help protect yourself and your personal information when using a computer or when conducting business online.
Password and PC Security
- Select passwords that would be difficult to guess using a combination of characters and numbers when allowable.
- Do not write down your password and leave it by your computer. Store passwords in a safe place.
- You can enhance password protection by changing your passwords more often and before prompted by the system.
- Never leave your PC unattended in the middle of conducting business. Always log off or lock your PC after using your computer.
- Do not share your passwords with anyone.
Protecting your PC at Home/Work
- VSECU cannot be responsible for the computer system you operate.
- Purchase, install and keep up-to-date full protection and anti-virus software for your computer.
- Do not open an e-mail from an unrecognized sender unless you are confident it is from a trusted source.
- Do not select the “save password” feature when visiting online sites.
VSECU Web Site Access
- When conducting online business look for the locked padlock icon. Click on the icon to confirm that the site is secure and authentic by reviewing the security certificate.
- Use 128-bit encryption with the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer
If you experience problems while using another browser, you may need to switch to one of the supported browsers. VSECU websites will support the web browsers listed in the ‘A-Class Browser Support Chart’ found here.
Reporting Credit Card or Debit Card Losses and Fraud
If your credit or debit card has been lost or stolen, or if you believe fraudulent activity has occurred, call 802/800 371-5162 immediately.