Determine how much you can afford
Use our handy home mortgage calculator to get a rough estimate of the price range you should be looking in.
Apply for a mortgage
It’s best to get prequalified when you’re shopping for your home so you know how much you can afford. Once you’re ready to buy, you can finalize the mortgage application or begin one.
Track your status
Easily upload and access documents, and keep track of your loan status, in one place in our easy-to-use Loan Status portal.
Qualifying homebuyers are:
- VSECU members in good standing
- Buying a home in Vermont or New Hampshire
- Earning between 80% and 120% of the area median income
- Committed to keeping the loan for five years
- Able to pay a minimum of $500 toward the downpayment
- Willing to attend a homebuyer education program
HOW grants are available for down payments only and can only be used to match payments made from your personal funds. You do not need to be a first-time homebuyer.
Ask about this program when you apply for a mortgage.